- Seasonal residents include vacationing families in the summer and snowbirds in the winter months.
- Approximately 9,182 residents live on Pensacola Beach year around.
- The median household income is $65,122.
- The median age of residents in this area is 49.
- The aggregate household effective buying income is over $329 million and expected to surpass $366 million by 2015.
- PNJ Media Solutions reaches 3,210 (78.6%) of the adults in this area 4.1 times each week.
SOURCES: Scarborough Research 2010, Release 2, Mobile, AL-Pensacola, FL. Nielsen AdSelect 2010, Zip Code 32561. Scarborough Custom Research 2010. According to Scarborough- Total market adults in zip code 32561- 4,082.
The beaches of the Pensacola are famous for their sugar-white, finely textured sand and their turquoise waters. Pensacola Beach is owned by Escambia County and under the direction of the Santa Rosa Island Authority. Approximately 60% of Pensacola Beach is public use or public service land, with the remaining 40% leased for residential and commercial use. The beach is a popular regional tourist destination, with peak season usually taking place the first two weekends in July with 4th of July events and the Blue Angels air show.