- The current population of Escambia County is over 308,800 and it is expected to grow about 2.6% in the next five years.
- There are over 118,500 family households.
- The median household income is $43,747.
- The median age of residents in this area is 38.
- PNJ Media Solutions reaches 80.2% of the adults in this area 5 times each week.
SOURCES: Scarborough Research 2010, Release 2, Mobile, AL-Pensacola, FL. Nielsen AdSelect 2010. Omniture SiteCatalyst, March 2011. Scarborough Custom Research, 2010 Total market adults-Escambia County-240,319.
Pensacola is located in Escambia County at the most western tip of Florida. Pensacola is the home of the Naval Air Station, University of West Florida and Pensacola Junior College. The major economic drivers of the county are health care, military, government and tourism. Pensacola is the oldest city in America, originally established in 1559. Most recently, Pensacola was voted in USA Weekend by Coldwell Banker and data experts Onboard Informatics as the #2 best places in the United States to retire for those between 55 to 59 years old.