Quick facts about this audience...
- In 2010, local adults spent $123 million on furniture and home furnishings.
- Demand for furniture and home furnishings is expected to grow by 17 percent by 2015.
- Peak months for furniture stores are March, November and December.
- 48% of furniture store target customers prefer to buy in person from a national chain store, 41.8% prefer to buy in person from locally owned stores, 10% prefer to purchase online.
- 47.6% local adults between the ages of 35 and 54 spent $1,000 of more on furniture in the past 12 months.
- The average annual household income of adults 35 to 54 who spent $1,000 or more on furniture is $96,943.
- PNJ Media Solutions reaches 80,528 (65.7%) local adults, who are between the ages of 35 and 54, 4.5 times in a seven-day period.
SOURCES: Nielsen Ad Select 2010. National Retail Federation, 2010 Scarborough Research Release 2 (total market adults 356,799). Scarborough Custom Research 2010.)
Saturday is furniture day in the Pensacola News Journal. This is the day that local furniture stores put their sales offerings in the paper to entice the furniture buying audience to their store. This is the day that adults use most often to shop and make their major purchase decisions. Fifty-two percent of local adults listed the Pensacola News Journal as their primary ad source for furniture and home furnishings purchases. Use PNJ Media Solutions to reach the furniture buying audience when they are ready to make their purchase decisions.