- Approximately 108,473 (30.4%) local adults are between the ages of 18 and 34
- 104,124 (96%) adults in this age group have a computer in the home
- 93,405 (86.1%) own a digital camera
- 95,128 (87.7%) own a DVD player or DVD/Blu-ray disc player
- 95,578 (88.1%) own a cell phone
- Gen-Yers are 52% more likely than average to use their cell phone for text messaging
- 75.3% spend $100 or more on groceries each week
- 11% belong to a health or exercise club
- 67.6% spend 5 hours or more on the Internet in an average week
- PNJ Media Solutions reaches 85,246 (78.1%) Gen-Yers in the Pensacola area 4.1 times each week
SOURCE: 2011 Scarborough, R1, Pensacola/ Ferry Pass CBSA Total adults between the ages of 18 and 34 in market-108,473 (30.4%).
Known as The Millennial Generation, this is the fastest growing segment of today’s workforce. Gen-Y is the largest generation since the baby-boomers and make up nearly 20% of today’s population. Born between 19787 and 1994, Gen-Yers grew up with technology and rely on it to perform their jobs better. Armed with BlackBerry’s, laptops, smart phones and other gadgets, Generation Y is plugged-in 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This generation prefers to communicate through e-mail and text messaging rather than face-to-face contact and prefers webinars and online technology to traditional lecture-based presentations. Generation Y prefer flexible schedules and a better work/life balance and typically prioritize family over work. They value teamwork and seek the input and affirmation of others. Gen-Yers put a high premium on quality of life. Single or married, administrator or entrepreneur, those in this cohort tend to value leisure and family activities. That is why so many advertisers turn to PNJ Media Solutions to get their messages to Gen-Yers on the go. From planning a day at the beach to getting the latest financial news, PNJ Media Solutions reaches over 41,000 (57.6%) young adults between the ages of 21 and 34 each week.