Quick facts about this audience...
- In 2010, local adults spent $1.3 billion with local grocers.
- 105,781 (60.7%) local households spend $100 or more on groceries in a 7-day period.
- 43% of local households use grocery coupons at least three times per month.
- The presence of two teenagers in the household increases the likelihood of the household spending $100 or more a week on groceries by 21 percent.
- 73.8% of these local households shopped at Wal-Mart, 42.3% shopped at Publix and 42% shopped at Winn Dixie.
- PNJ Media Solutions reaches 70.477 (66.6%) local households that spend $100 or more on groceries in a 7-day period, 4.8 times in a seven-day period.
SOURCES: Nielsen Ad Select 2010. Scarborough Research 2010, Release 2 (total market adults 356,799) Scarborough Custom Research 2010.
Wednesday is grocery day in the Pensacola News Journal. This is the day that local shoppers look forward to finding grocery stores’ sales circulars in the paper. More than ever before, smart grocery shoppers are looking for the best way to stretch a dollar. Coupon clipping is back in vogue and shoppers are looking in the paper and online for additional coupon savings. The Pensacola News Journal is the #1 choice for grocery stores to get their inserts and circulars in to the hands of area shoppers.