Quick facts about this audience...
- In 2008, local adults spent $952 million on groceries.
- 108,083 (62%) local households spend $100 or more on groceries in a 7-day period.
- Nearly 53% of these local households use grocery coupons at least three time per month.
- The presence of one teenager in the household increases the likelihood of the household spending $100 or more a week on groceries by 26 percent.
- 77% of these local households shopped at Wal-Mart, 48.5% shopped at Winn Dixie and 24% shopped at Publix.
- PNJ Media Solutions reaches 75,568 (69.9%) local households that spend $100 or more on groceries in a 7-day period, 5.2 times in a seven-day period.
SOURCES: Claritas Ad Select 2008. 2009 Scarborough Research Release 1 (total market adults 349,867, 174,200 households)
Wednesday is grocery day in the Pensacola News Journal. This is the day that local shoppers look forward to finding grocery stores’ sales circulars in the paper. More than ever before, smart grocery shoppers are looking for the best way to stretch a dollar. Coupon clipping is back in vogue and shoppers are looking in the paper and online for additional coupon savings. The Pensacola News Journal is the #1 choice for grocery stores to get their inserts and circulars in to the hands of area shoppers.