Quick facts about this audience...
- $80.9 million was spent in the local market on home improvements.
- The top projects are interior painting or wallpaper (22.6%), landscaping (20.8%), bathroom (12.2%) or kitchen remodeling (6.1%).
- On average local adults spend $3,026 on remodeling projects and $797 on landscaping projects.
- 26% of local adults name the Pensacola News Journal and pnj.com as their most reliable ad sources when buying home improvement items.
- PNJ Media Solutions reaches 119,641 (69.8%) local households, which performed some type of home improvement in the past 12 months, 5.2 times in a seven-day period.
SOURCES: 2010 Scarborough Research Release 2 (total market adults 356,799), Nielsen Ad Select 2010. Scarborough Custom Research 2010. Scarborough Custom Research 2010.
Today’s real estate market has many home owners choosing to upgrade their current home instead of buying a new one. Many are looking for a reputable contractor to help with this project and some are opting for the “do-it-yourself” method. Either way 26% of local adults cite the Pensacola News Journal as their primary ad source when purchasing home improvement items or hardware. PNJ Media Solutions ranks higher than any other media outlet for consumers making home improvement decisions.