Quick facts about this audience...
- Consumers are expected to take an average of two trips this summer, stay approximately seven nights away from home and spend more than $900 on their longest summer trip.
- In 2009, 54 percent of American households say they are planning to take at least one leisure trip this summer, compared to 50 percent in 2008.
- In 2009, Americans plan to take more day trips or long weekend getaways in lieu of week-long vacations.
- In 2010, 108,212 local adults took at least one domestic vacation. This number is expected to increase by 7,437 (6.8%) by 2015.
- 237,229 (66.5%) local adults used a hotel or motel in the past 12 months.
- 103,658 (29.1%) local adults have taken a trip outside the continental U.S. in the past three years.
- The average age a local adult who has traveled outside the continental U.S. in the past three years is 43 years of age with annual household incomes of $76,686.
- 13,558 (3.8%) used a travel agent to book his or her travel.
- PNJ Media Solutions reaches 154,924 (65.3%) local adults, who have stayed in a hotel or motel in the past 12 months, 4.7 times in a seven-day period.
SOURCES: The April 2009 travelhorizons™ survey by the U.S. Travel Association and Ypartnership, Nielsen Ad Select 2010. 2010 Scarborough Research Release 2 (total market adults 356,799) Scarborough Custom Research 2010.
The Pensacola area has a vibrant tourism industry featuring some of the world’s most beautiful beaches, America’s earliest historical settlements, a Naval Air Museum, golf courses and more. With current economic conditions, many locals are looking for economical travel opportunities or opting for a “staycation” on our own beautiful beaches. PNJ Media Solutions reaches both locals planning vacations as well as those planning to visit the area with our dynamic media sources.