Local NewsPensacola area’s #1 local daily newspaper reaching more than 59.5% of area adults in a seven-day period. Target your audience through section readership of the main, local, business and sports news delivered to our readers seven days a week. The Pensacola News Journal has a one day weekday reach of 115,638 (32.4%) and a one Sunday reach of 167,553 (47%) of local adults. This Sunday reach is a greater number of local adults than watched the Super Bowl game in 2010 on T.V. Over 30 days, the Pensacola News Journal reaches 242,818 (68.1%) of Escambia and Santa Rosa counties. This is the strongest single media source in the area. When your promotional needs require strong reach over a broad market, the Pensacola News Journal is the solution.
- Over $8 billion in consumer expenditures were spent in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties and this amount is expected to grow 2.58% and reach $9.1 billion by 2015
- Over $609 million was spent on men and women apparel
- Over $400 million was spent on housefold furnishings &
- Over $356 million was spent on automotive maintenance and repair
- Over $189 million was spent on household repairs and services
- Over $91 million was spent on small appliances & housewares
- Over $87 million was spent in Pensacola Beach, Perdido Key, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach area restaurants
- 49.6% of Pensacola News Journal Sunday readers are women
- 37.4% are employed full-time (35 hours or more)
- 60.8% are married adults
- 26.5% have children under the age or 17
- 13.3% live in households with incomes of $100,000 or more
- 35.9% are boomers-adults 45 to 64
- More than 4.6 million tourists visit the Gulf Coast Area each year, leaving more than $1.6 billion impact on the local economy
- The average tourist spends about $1,200 in the local market
Sources: 2010 Nielsen Ad Select. 2010 Scarborough Custom Research Pensacola CBSA. Pensacola Area Chamber of Commerce, University of West Florida Haas Center, Nielsen AdSelect 2011, Scarborough Research 2010, Custom Study, Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Tourism, Perdido Key Chamber of Commerce. Total market adults – 356,799.
Advertise in the Pensacola News Journal
Interested in advertising with the Pensacola News Journal? Let us know and we’ll help you find the most effective way to advertise.