- Escambia County is home to Naval Air Station Pensacola, Saufley Field, Corry Station, and Naval Hospital Pensacola. NAS Pensacola is host to Naval Education and Training Command, headquarters for all Navy education and training. Student throughput in approximately 36,000 annually and average earnings per military job is $77,200
- Santa Rosa County: Naval Air Station Whiting Filed is host to Training Wing 5 which provides 100 percent of all Navy, Marine and Coast Guard helicopter training and 60 percent of all primary flight training. They account for 10.1 percent of all Navy and Marine Corps flight hours worldwide and train 1,534 student pilots annually. Average earnings per military job is $99,800
- Direct defense expenditures of $6.1 billion in Northwest Florida generate additional employment, wages, consumption spending and investments. Employment wages generate additional spending as dollars circulate through the regional economy
- The Pensacola Naval Complex in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties contributes approximately $1.2 billion to the local economy annually
- Corry Station graduates over 7,000 students annually and is considered one of the Navy’s training showplaces
SOURCE: Florida Defense Industry Factbook-Economic Impact Analysis, Haas Center, UWF, 2008.
The NAS Pensacola Complex, known as the “Cradle of Naval Aviation”, is recognized as one of the largest military education and high technology training centers in the world. Touted as one of the most influential market segment in this area’s history, the military has an enormous impact on the local economy based on its size alone. With over 24,600 military and civilian personnel, PNJ Media Solutions delivers your advertising message to active duty and retired military personnel. So, you can be assured your advertisement is seen by this critical market segment.