November is Derby time and the 47th Annual Snowball Derby features some of the country’s best short track stars, who all converge on Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola for some of the most exciting racing this side of the Mississippi River. The Snowball Derby is a 300-lap super late model stock car automobile race that has been contested every year since 1968. And, the race has a reputation for attracting some of the bigger names in short track racing.
Because of the "all-star" nature of the race, the Snowball Derby is considered by many to be the most prestigious race in late model racing. The drivers entering the race are frequently from nearby states, although some drivers travel across the United States to compete. Winners include three NASCAR national series champions, five Sprint Cup race winners and five Camping World Truck Series race winners.
The Snowball Derby tab inserted in the Pensacola News Journal features race schedules, results, driver profiles, history, racing trivia and more. Additionally, 2,000 copies are distributed at Five Flags Speedway during Snowball Derby weekend. This special section offers everything racing enthusiasts need to enjoy a fun-filled weekend at the races.
- There are more than 65,200 adults in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties who say they are interested in NASCAR racing.
- 55% of NASCAR fans are men.
- Their median annual household incomes are around $46,013.
- Median age is 53.
- The typical NASCAR fan has attended some college and lives in a home valued around $133,000.
- NASCAR fans plan to pay about $26.00 for a single admission ticket.
- They are 20% more likely than average to read a daily PNJ and 16% more likely than average to read the PNJ on Sunday.
Sources: Scarborough PRIME Lingo, Pensacola/Ferry Pass/ Brent CBSA, 2013 Release 1.
Advertise with Us!
Interested in advertising with PNJ Media Solutions? Let us know and we'll help you find the most effective way to advertise.