- Nearly 80 percent of tourist say the local beaches are the area major attraction
- 45% of tourist choose to stay in a hotel or motel during their visit-26% stay in a condo or house, 16% stay with friends and 13% use campground facilities
- Over 60% of tourists choose to stay in Escambia County, with 25 percent choosing lodging at Pensacola Beach
- On average tourists spend over $1,200 in the area on lodging, restaurants, shopping and entertainment
- On average, tourists stay in the area for 4.8 night per trip
SOURCES: University of West Florida Haas Center, 2008.
There are many names for Pensacola: one of America's First European Settlements, City of Five Flags, Cradle of Naval Aviation, and of course, home of Florida's most beautiful beaches. More than 3.7 million visitors come to the Pensacola Bay Area each year, leaving a $1.2 billion impact on our local economy and helping to employ 18,000 residents. Tourism continues to be one of the strongest contributors to the local economy. PNJ Media Solutions products offer the best information on where to go and what to do while in the area. That is why advertisers who want to reach vacation travelers and seasonal snowbirds turn to PNJ Media Solutions to attract this elusive group of customers.