- The current population is over 77,500 and it is expected to grow by 3.5% in the next five years.
- There are over 27,000 family households.
- The median household income is $44,494.
- The median age of residents in this area is 33.
- The aggregate household effective buying income is almost $1.2 billion and expected to grow to $1.4 billion by 2015.
- PNJ Media Solutions reaches 78.3% of the adults in this area 5.1 times each week.
SOURCES: Scarborough Research 2010, Release 2, Mobile, AL-Pensacola, FL. Nielsen AdSelect 2010. Omniture SiteCatalyst, March 2011. Scarborough Custom Research, 2010.
Perdido Key / West Pensacola
West Pensacola is the home of the Naval Air Station, Gulf Islands National Seashore and Perdido Key. Perdido Key is home to magnificent waterfront homes and luxurious condominiums, but maintains an uncrowded and relaxed atmosphere for visitors and residents. Sixty three percent of this barrier island on Pensacola’s western side is protected by the Gulf Islands National Seashore and the State of Florida. Major events in this area include the Blue Angels Homecoming Show on NAS and the Frank Brown International Songwriters’ Festival in November, polar-bear dip and the Interstate Mullet Toss held at the Florabama lounge each year.